Free and Reduced Lunch Application
LUNCH AND BREAKFAST INFORMATION
FREE AND REDUCED LUNCH APPLICATION INFORMATION
Welcome to the 2023-2024 school year. Children need healthy meals to learn. Jackson Local School District offers healthy meals every school day.
The breakfast/lunch prices are as follows:
- Breakfast costs at Jackson High School and Jackson Memorial Middle School $2.50; and $2 at elementary schools
- Lunch costs (9-12) $3.50 and $4.75 for a premium lunch (6-8) $3.50 and (K-5) $3.00.
Your children may qualify for free meals or for reduced-price meals.
- Reduced prices are: free for breakfast and lunch.
Please review the following information carefully. Students who qualify for free and reduced lunches also qualify for free or reduced fees. This includes a complete waiver of fees for students who qualify for free lunches. A NEW APPLICATION MUST BE APPROVED EACH SCHOOL YEAR IN ORDER TO RECEIVE THE WAIVER FOR FREE OR REDUCED FEES AND TO AVOID ANY GAP IN COVERAGE AND/OR FEE WAIVERS.
You should complete this application if you think there is a chance you may qualify for free or reduced meals and fees.
There are two methods for qualification:
PDF file with instructions for entering the application is attached below.
- DIRECT CERTIFICATION
- If you received a letter stating your student is ELIGIBLE FOR DIRECT CERTIFICATION, YOU DO NOTneed to fill out an application for free and reduced lunches. Your student is automatically eligible for free lunches and the fee waiver. You should be able to access your student’s information online as soon as the information is available or at your school’s registration in August.
- All children living in the household with a student who qualifies under Direct Certification are also eligible for Free Lunches and Fee Waivers. Please contact Marsha Escola, food service director at (330) 830-8031 if there are additions to the household that were not listed in the letter.
- ONLINE APPLICATION PROCESS (must be completed by September 29, 2023, or you will be held responsible for the payment of lunches).
- All Free and Reduced applications must be submitted online. Please go to the Jackson Local School District website at www.jackson.stark.k12.oh.us
- Click on Parent Tab on top of page and go to Free and Reduced Application Instructions, which will assist you in completing the online application.
- Click on the application form to complete for the 2023-2024 school year.
- YOU ONLY NEED TO FILL OUT ONE APPLICATION FOR ALL STUDENTS LIVING IN YOUR HOUSEHOLD NO MATTER WHAT SCHOOL THEY ATTEND.
- You will need the STUDENT ID for your child which can be found on the STUDENT PROFILE UPDATE FORM that will be given to your child at open house or on the first day of school or in an email sent to new students. High school and middle school students can find their student ID on their schedules.
- At the completion of entering your application, you will know your status as Free, Reduced or Denied.
- IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO COMPLETE THE APPLICATION ONLINE or have questions, please contact Marsha Escola, Food Service Director at (330) 830-8031.
- DIRECT CERTIFICATION