Free and Reduced Lunch Application
LUNCH AND BREAKFAST INFORMATION
FREE AND REDUCED LUNCH APPLICATION INFORMATION
Welcome to the 2021-2022 school year. Children need healthy meals to learn. Jackson Local School District offers healthy meals every school day. As part of the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Free Lunch Program, meals are free for all students this school year. However, students wishing to purchase extra meals, the costs are as follows: Breakfast at High School $2.25; at Elementary $1.75. Lunch (9-12) $3.25 and $4.25 for a premium lunch (6-8) $3.25 and (K-5) $2.75. Your children may qualify for free meals or for reduced-price meals during a school year after the USDA program. Reduced prices are: $.30 for breakfast and $.40 for lunch.
Please review the following information carefully. Students who qualify for free and reduced lunches also qualify for free or reduced fees. This includes a complete waiver of fees for students who qualify for free lunches. A NEW APPLICATION MUST BE APPROVED FOR THE 2021-2022 SCHOOL YEAR IN ORDER TO RECEIVE THE WAIVER FOR FREE OR REDUCED FEES. There are two methods for qualification:
1. DIRECT CERTIFICATION
a. If you received a letter stating your student is ELIGIBLE FOR DIRECT CERTIFICATION, YOU DO NOT need to fill out an application for free and reduced lunches. Your student is automatically eligible for free lunches and the fee waiver. You should be able to access your student’s information on-line as soon as the information is available or at your school’s registration in August.
b. All children living in the household with a student who qualifies under Direct Certification are also eligible for Free Lunches and fee waivers. Please contact Marsha Escola, Food Service Director at (330)830-8031 if there are additions in the household that were not listed in the letter.
2. ONLINE APPLICATION PROCESS (must be complete by October 1, 2021 or you will not qualify for additional reduced or free services).
a. This year we are processing our Free and Reduced applications online. Please go to the Jackson Local School District website at www.jackson.stark.k12.oh.us
b. Click on Parent Tab on top of page. Please click on the Free and Reduced Application Instructions which will assist you in completing the online application.
c. Click on the application form to complete for the 2021-2022 school year.
- YOU ONLY NEED TO FILL OUT ONE APPLICATION FOR ALL STUDENTS LIVING IN YOUR HOUSEHOLD REGARDLESS OF THE SCHOOL THEY ATTEND.
- You will need the student ID for your child which can be found on the STUDENT PROFILE UPDATE FORM that will be given to your child at open house or the first day of school. High School and Middle School students can find their student ID on their schedule.
- At the completion of entering your application, you will know your status as Free, Reduced or Denied.
3. IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO COMPLETE ON-LINE or have questions, please contact Marsha Escola, Food Service Director at (330) 830-8031.PDF file with instructions for entering the application is attached below.